Thursday, October 30, 2008

Ever have one of those mornings?!

Do you ever have those mornings when your kids wake up like little bears--grumpy, ornery, and whiny?! I was wondering where my sweet kids were this morning. There was whining about who practiced piano 2 minutes less than the other kid, there was whining about the wrong kind of socks, having to switch backpacks because of a broken zipper, fighting over a toy dinosaur, etc. You name it...there was fighting and whining about it! AARRRGGGHH!! Add that to my stress level from trying to decide about some major decisions we've been thinking about for a while, along with a pounding headache, and I was a grumpy old bear too. Not a good combination! Hopefully my sweet, happy kids are back after school (and happy mom too). I always feel bad when we have a bad morning like that, and try to smooth things over and end with a better feeling before they head off to school. I don't want them upset or sad at school. I'm going to eat lunch with Tessa & Jonah at school today, so hopefully that cheers them up too. And then, of course, we'll have a fun day tomorrow, with all the Halloween parties and trick-or-treating, and pizza with our neighbors for dinner. At least I know that it will pass and we will have a fun weekend!

1 comment:

Sara M said...

I think us Moms deserve a morning or two without being perfect. Just think if you were perfect all of the time they will just be more disappointed when the rest of the world isn't. Next time you have a morning like that (and you know you will) instead of being hard on yourself- congratulate yourself for the great things you are teaching your kids. ;)