Sunday, June 29, 2008
Life is never boring when you have kids!
Well, we've learned over the past 11 years, since PJ was born, that life is never boring when you have kids, and you quickly get over all those gross things like getting thrown up on, or pooped on, or spit-up on, and lack of sleep just comes with the territory. That's just part of life as a parent. Well, yesterday we had a busy day (after a very long night with a crazy thunderstorm that shook the house and woke up Clay and Jonah, so we were all a little tired). Anyway, PJ, Tessa, & Jonah all had swimming lessons in the morning, and then we decided to go out for lunch to our favorite Mexican restaurant (Abuelo's). The kids were all starving, and snarfed down a bunch of chips and salsa, and guzzled their chocolate milk, like they hadn't eaten for days. Then they all finished their whole meal (which doesn't usually happen--we usually have leftovers). Well, I had finished about half of my salad, and was going to take the rest home, when Clay starts whining that his tummy hurt. He climbed on my lap and I was holding him, when all of a sudden, he starts throwing up (not just a little bit, but projecting it straight out, full force). So, I turn so that it's going towards his chair by the wall, hoping that not too many people are having to witness our little show (luckily the people who were at the table right behind us, had just left). Neil jumps up, handing me all the napkins from the table, as I'm trying to wipe off Clay, who now has throw up all down the front of his shirt and shorts, and me, who has it all down my back, and arm, and some in my hair (yep--not a pretty picture!) He pretty much emptied his entire lunch in about 20 seconds. Luckily it happened at the end of the meal, instead of the beginning! So Neil told me to just take the kids out to the car while he finished trying to clean up the best he could (the waiter brought us a dish rag, because the napkins weren't quite enough). So, Clay is still crying and upset, as we're walking out through the crowd of people with throw up all over me and Clay (by now it's the lunchtime rush), and just as we get to the front doors, Jonah remembers that he didn't get a mint! So, PJ has to run back over to the front desk to grab 4 mints, while I'm saying, "Hurry UP!" Well, just at that time, there was a major downpour going on outside, so by the time I get the kids to the van, and get Clay's shirt pulled off, and everyone, buckled in, I'm soaking wet, with my hair plastered to my head, and my mascara running down my face, and Neil makes it to the van right around the same time. So we hurry home (I can't lean back on my seat, because I don't want the throw up getting on the seat and stinking up the van). We get Clay in the bathtub, and all cleaned up, and then I jump in the shower, and throw all the yucky clothes in the laundry, just in time to take Tessa to a little birthday party at a Gymnastics place here in town. Luckily nothing else too exciting happened the rest of the day, and Clay was fine once he was home and cleaned up. He even finished his mint from the restaurant! I think he just ate too much too fast. Neil said we'll never be able to show our faces at that restaurant again! Ah, the exciting life of being a parent!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







4 comments:
Okay that is just funny...I hope you are laughing about it now? It is so humbling being a parent!!
I know it wasn't funny at the time, but I'm laughing as I read this. I think something's going around. We've had a couple of upset stomachs at our house. Luckily they don't last long.
Spencer did the same thing to me at the mexican restaurant in Payson. So I know exactly what you went through. YUCK! I feel for you. By the way, glad you started a blog.
You know you have to be parent to truely be able to laugh your guts out over this one. Poor little guy though. They hate throwing up.
Post a Comment