Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Bitter-sweet

When I dropped Jonah off at preschool this morning, the teacher was talking about how much fun they are going to have over the next couple weeks, and then they have a little graduation program on the 22nd. I started thinking about Jonah starting kindergarten next year (all day, every day), and it makes me sad. I'm going to miss my little buddy, and I know Clay is going to miss him too, they play so well together. I'm one of these moms that gets weepy at the kindergarten orientation, any performances that my kids are in, or anything of that sort. Yes, I'm a huge baby! They are all growing up so fast, and it's one of those bitter-sweet things. I'm so proud of all of them, and they are all doing so great in all the things they are involved in. I'm excited to see them growing up and becoming independent and finding things that they really love, but on the other hand, I don't want to let them grow up too fast. I just love being a mom more than anything, and want to just hang on to them and hold them close as long as possible. I know that I'll turn around, and next thing I know they'll be all grown up and out of the house. I'm just so grateful to be able to raise these 4 sweet, wonderful kids!!

1 comment:

Darrell and Alissa said...

it's so sad how quick kids grow up! There are so many times we want them to grow up- but then we're always wishing them back!