
Mother's Day weekend was great! On Saturday morning, Jonah & Clay surprised me with breakfast in bed at about 6:20 a.m. I had been up until past midnight the night before, waiting for PJ to get home from a dance, and then was up until about 2 a.m. the night before that, because Neil was out of town (and I don't sleep well when he is gone). So, I was VERY tired. But what better way to be woken up in the morning than by 2 sweet, smiling little boys! They had decided to make me breakfast in bed, since I was still asleep & don't usually stay in bed very late. They made toast, Cheerios, & fruit salad (apples, oranges, & bananas cut up--my favorite). And along with that, Jonah handed me a glass of lemonade. I asked him where he got the lemonade, because we don't have any in the fridge. He said that he just made it with the lemon juice in the fridge & added a little sugar. :) That was one VERY POTENT early-morning drink! (He did warn me that it might be a little bit sour--that was an understatement) Hahahaha! What sweethearts! It totally made my day!
After my awesome breakfast, the other kids & Neil got up. I took Tessa to her orthodontist appointment, then took Tessa, Jonah, & Clay to their music lessons (clarinet, drums, & piano), took PJ driving for a little while (for practice), & mowed the lawn while Neil ran to the store to pick up a few last minute things for my Mother's Day dinner on Sunday.
Once we were all done with our busy morning, we had some lunch & then headed to Niagara Falls. It's beautiful there & we LOVE going! The weather was nice & sunny & the flowers were all in bloom. After we walked around a while & enjoyed the sights, we headed to The Outback Steakhouse for dinner--YUM! Then we headed home.

On Sunday morning, we got up & went to church, then just bummed around the house & relaxed afterwards. Neil made me a delicious dinner of lasagna, french bread, & salad, and then strawberry shortcake for dessert. Then the kids gave me their Mother's Day gifts (homemade cards, hand-painted flower pots, coupon books, flowers, yummy treats, & diet coke). And Neil gave me a beautiful Willow Tree Nativity set. I have several of the Willow Tree statues & love them. We've talked about getting the Nativity several times, so Neil surprised me with it for Mother's Day. I love it so much, I'm going to leave it out all year. :)

I feel SO blessed to have such a wonderful family--The best husband & kids ever! I felt very spoiled & loved & we all had a great weekend celebrating together! :)







No comments:
Post a Comment