Friday, May 11, 2012
Proud of my kids!!!
PJ won an Arts Award yesterday! They only give 1 award out for music & 1 for visual arts in each grade. So, he was chosen out of all the 9th graders to recieve the visual arts award! His work will be in a community art show next week, and an "Arts Cabaret" show at the highschool the following week! WAY TO GO PJ! :)
And Jonah came in 1st place in the 3rd grade track tryouts yesterday. WAY TO GO JONAH! :)
And Clay got a "Great Builder Award" for his vet clinic model last week, when they were learing about communities in his school class. WAY TO GO CLAY! :)
And Tessa is doing GREAT with her clarinet & we love to hear her play! Lots of fun things going on. WAY TO GO TESSA! :)
The kids are all doing great in school & have all A's & B's, and have adjusted well to the differences in the curriculum here. Some of the differences have been nice, and others have been frustrating, but I'm so proud of them for working hard, doing their best, and trying to stay positive!
We are all looking forward to summer break, but the kids are in school until June 28th, so we still have a little while. But we have lots of fun things planned for the break....Scout Camp, Girls Camp, Youth Conference, a day camp for Jonah & Clay where they play sports, do crafts, games, etc., and then we also have a few other little things in there, as well as going swimming & enjoying the sunshine & warm weather. Then at the end of the summer, we are going on a family vacation to Florida to DisneyWorld, Epcot, Animal Kingdom, the beach, Cape Canaveral, etc. Should be a BLAST! :)
This weekend is Mother's Day & Neil was asking me what I would like. I told him that I don't really need anything (other than maybe some new clothes, but I really hate shopping). But I told him that he already gave me the BEST Mother's Day gifts ever...my 4 wonderful kiddos!!! So, for Mother's Day we are going to go do something fun together as a family. There is a Wild African Safari that's only about a half hour from where we live, so we are going to go do that. We've heard it's a lot of fun, so we'll spend Saturday doing that, and then on Sunday, after church, we'll have a little Mother's Day lunch at home, with gifts. Jonah & Clay have some homemade gifts, that they'be been DYING to give to me for the past 2 weeks, but I keep telling them I'll wait until Mother's Day. And Tessa is making me a special Mother's Day cake (we had a YW activity on cake decorating that was so fun & the girls all did an amazing job, so Tessa wants to use her new skills).
The greatest gift in my life is my family--my sweet husband & wonderful kids! That's the best gift I could have for Mother's Day (although chocolate & flowers is always nice too). Hahahahaha! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment