Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Random Happenings...

Well, things are going well. We've now been in Canada for about 5 weeks, and are feeling a little more settled. Jonah got involved in his school's cross country team and had his first meet last week. He did great & his team came in 5th place (out of something like 13 different schools).



Tessa is going to be starting volleyball and the art club at her school & is excited about that. I think they both start in November. Clay is going on a field trip next week to a little local farm, and I'm going to be one of the parent volunteers to help at that, which should be a lot of fun. PJ is going on a field trip tomorrow for his 9th grade Geography class, to Niagara Falls. They are even going to get to go on the "Maids of the Mist" boat ride as well as a couple other things that we didn't do when we went a few weeks ago. Should be fun! Neil's job is still going great & he's enjoying the changes. He is going to be going to Victoria, BC next week for a big meeting with all of his Directors. I'm keeping busy with all the usual "mom" stuff, and I'm going to be volunteering more at the school, helping with the reading program there as well.

Yesterday, we celebrated the Canadian Thanksgiving here. We had a great 4-day weekend (the kids also had Friday off for a teacher development day). We just relaxed, played games, enjoyed the beautiful, sunny, warm weather (mid-70's). We had a delicious turkey dinner, and even went to the Toronto Zoo. It was a great weekend! :)








Oh, and we took the kids shopping for Halloween costumes last week. Jonah is going to be Harry Potter (we bought some black hair spray to make his hair dark), and Clay is going to be a Ninja! They both look so cute in their costumes! :) And PJ & Tessa both just wanted to get new Halloween T-shirts like the ones they got last year that say, "This is my Corny costume" and has a big Candy Corn on it. We couldn't find any t-shirts, so I told them they should just both wear a plain t-shirt with a big letter 'P' on it, and make a big black spot around one of their eyes. Then they could go as the "Black-Eyed P's" I think it would be great...they think I'm a dork. :) Hahahahaha! Maybe I'll be able to add some pictures of these two in costumes later on...

No comments: