Monday, September 26, 2011

Good news for Sobeys = Good news for us!!!


Here is an announcement from the news a couple days ago....

"Target stands to make an impact on Canada's competitive grocery landscape with the announcement Friday that Sobeys, the country's second-largest food chain, will supply produce to the U.S. mass merchant when it opens more than 125 outlets across the country in 2013.

Bill McEwan, chief executive of Sobeys, says the deal with Target will be a good way for the grocery chain to grow its sales, improve supplychain efficiencies and lower costs. "Any time you can put more volume through your current distribution centre, it lowers your costs and you are spreading out overhead against a greater volume," he said."

HOORAY FOR SOBEYS, HOORAY FOR TARGET, AND HOORAY FOR US!!! This is GREAT news! For one, we really like Target, and for two, when I have to shop for things that I can't get at Sobeys stores, I'll shop at Target & will still be loyal to our company! No more Walmart shopping for me.... :)

No comments: