Saturday, April 30, 2011

Fun weekend & Clay's exciting news!!! :)

Well, we've had a fun weekend. Friday night Neil & I went out to dinner with some friends. The kids stayed home & watched a movie (and Tessa folded 2 loads of laundry without even being asked--she's such a sweetheart & got paid for the help!)

Saturday morning we got up & took the kids to get pictures taken. It's been about 18 months since we had them taken last, so we figured it was about time. I like to have a picture from each year, but have been putting if off, because it's such a pain. We just went to JC Penny this time, but they turned out really cute. (I'll be sending some to grandparents, aunts, uncles, etc. in the next few weeks). After the pictures, we all went out to lunch at Olive Garden & then came home to get a few things done at home. Tessa made some brownies for all of us, I helped Jonah plant some sunflowers in our garden boxes (for a scout project), and PJ, Tessa, & Jonah had fun riding the RipStiks in our back alley. Then I helped Clay learn how to ride a bike without training wheels. He is SOOO excited be finally be able to ride a 2-wheeler. He picked it up very quickly & is doing great.

Tessa was going to have her horseback riding lesson this afternoon too, but it got cancelled because of more rain. She is supposed to be in a riding show in a few weeks, but because her lesson has been cancelled the last 2 weeks because of weather & she missed the week before that for PJ's birthday, we'll see if she feels ready to show. Anyway, it's been a great day!

Next weekend will be fun-filled too. We have the annual Father's & Son's Campout Friday night (so while the boys are away, Tessa & I will have a girls night out). Then on Saturday, we have a birthday party, Tessa's riding lesson, and then that evening Tessa is performing the National Anthem with her 5th Grade Choir at the Naturals Baseball Game, so we'll all go to that too. It should be a lot of fun. The funny thing is, PJ's 8th grade choir is also performing the National Anthem at the Natural Baseball Game on Monday. But for that one, Neil will just take PJ, since it's a school night and Jonah & Clay go to bed pretty early.

I love weekends, family time, and lots of fun!!! :) Life is good!

No comments: