I recently finished reading the book "The Promise of Enough" by Emily Freeman. It is such a great book. It talks about how most of us, at one time or another longs for an abundance of peace, love, health, joy, comfort, or a miracle. It relates seven key principles, taken from the story of the loaves & fishes from the Bible (in the book of John), and applies it to our lives today.
President Thomas S. Monson said, "Make the most of today." When you make the most of every day, you can't help but discover abundance. The Lord is aware of us, He has miracles in store for us, and He knows what He is about to do. If we put our faith & trust in Him, everything will work out in whatever way is best for us.
We need to trust in our belief in a God who will do wonders in our lives. There is a sweet assurance that comes from knowing that He will be with us throughout the adventures in our lives to warn us, lift us, and encourage us along the way. Our trust in His will is strengthened each time we acknowledge His wonders in our life. He is aware of us and has a plan for us. Our complete trust in the Lord will allow him to work wonders in our lives.
Trusting in God's matchless power helps us to remember that He is greater than any problem we will encounter during our lives. Often it is only after we have taken the time to remember God's greatness & His ability to work wonders in our lives, that we finally find the peace that we are looking for. After all we can do, He will take care fo the rest.
"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths." (Proverbs 3:5-6)
One of my favorite quotes from this book was, "Because God loves us, He will bless us in ways we cannot comprehend. In fact, He will orchestrate miracles we would never even think to ask for." I truly believe this and have seen it in my own life. I am so grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who blesses my life so much each day. I know He is aware of us and our needs. I know He hears & answers our prayers. And I know that He will bless us with whatever is best for us, if we put our faith & trust in Him.







4 comments:
I'll have to read that one. Sounds wonderful!
You have talked me into a trip to the bookstore! This is curl up with a book and hot chocolate weather, and I've been searching for a good uplifting read. Thanks for sharing!
thanks stacey...a good book and rascal flats. the best. renaana
sorry, my name came out wrong on that comment. it is rena as in sis ming.
Post a Comment