Thursday, June 25, 2009

Our little Indian

A couple weeks ago, I took the kids to a Native American Museum. The kids really enjoyed it and thought all the Indian artifacts, clothes, arrowheads, mammoth skull, baskets, blankets, pots, teepee, (and much more) were really cool. They even got an arrowhead to keep. It was a lot of fun. Well, yesterday as we were driving in the car, we passed the museum, and Clay said, "I want to be an Indian!" I asked him if he wanted to be an Indian for Halloween. He said, "NO--I want to be a REAL Indian!" I asked him why he wanted to be an Indian and he said, "So I can live in a teepee and stuff!" Jonah, in all his wisdom, said, "Well, it would be hard to be an Indian, because you would have to go catch animals to eat." That's my Jonah--always thinking about FOOD! Funny kids! I also thought it was kind of funny when we were looking at the real (stuffed) bear and bobcat at the museum (the bobcat was posed catching a bird of some kind), and PJ asked how they were able to shoot both the bobcat and the bird at the same time, in that pose. I had to laugh, and explained how a taxidermist poses them AFTER they are killed and stuffed. :)

1 comment:

Darrell and Alissa said...

What funny kids! Clay might need some balck hair dye as well!