Friday, June 26, 2009
HAPPY 14th ANNIVERSARY!
Well, Neil and I have been married 14 years! Wow, time flies! It seems like it’s been just a few years. I’m so grateful to be married to my best friend. He makes me laugh, he knows me and loves me more than anyone, he is always there for me, and works hard to support our family. He’s such a wonderful person, and I feel so blessed to share my life with him!
There’s a song from one of my favorite movies “The Wedding Singer”. It’s very cheesy, but I’m a hopeless romantic and it makes me cry every time (it's on my playlist on the bottom right hand side of the screen, if you want to listen to it). The lyrics are:
I wanna make you smile whenever you’re sad
Carry you around when your arthritis is bad
All I wanna do is grow old with you
I’ll get your medicine when your tummy aches
Build you a fire if the furnace breaks
Oh it could be so nice, growing old with you
I’ll miss you
I’ll kiss you
Give you my coat when you are cold
I’ll need you
I’ll feed you
Even let ya hold the remote control
So let me do the dishes in our kitchen sink
Put you to bed if you’ve had too much to drink
I could be the man who grows old with you
I wanna grow old with you…
Although Neil has never written a song and sung it for me on an airplane, in front of everyone…he DOES make me smile when I’m sad, he gets me medicine when my tummy (or head) aches, has built me a fire (when our power went out during an ice storm), he misses me (when he’s gone on trips), he kisses me (all the time…and he does it very well), and gives me his coat (and extra blankets on my side of the bed) when I’m cold. He feeds me (delicious food that he makes from scratch), he needs me, and loves me, he does the dishes in the kitchen sink (as well as help with laundry, yard work, cleaning, help with the kids, etc.), and sometimes (when I’m lucky) he lets me hold the remote control. I couldn’t have asked for a better husband and best friend, to enjoy all the ups & downs and unexpected surprises of life with. I love him so much! It’s been a wonderful 14 years, and I look forward to many, many more to come! I definitely “wanna grow old with you!”
HAPPY 14TH ANNIVERSARY SWEETHEART!
(for the story of how we met and our history, you can go back to last year’s anniversary post. Click on Archives (on the lower right hand side), and go to June of 2008).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










2 comments:
I just found your Blog {I was just on Jen Cox's}!! Happy Anniversary! I love the Logan Temple. We used to be able to see it from our bedroom window, those were the days!
Send me your email and I will send you an invite to my blog {I have it private}: luce73@yahoo.com
Holy Cow!! You both look about 15 years old when you got married! =) I really enjoyed that.
Happy anniversary!
Post a Comment