Neil got up with the kids on Sunday morning, to let me sleep in for a little while, and to help them make me breakfast in bed. The kids originally wanted to do it all on their own, but Neil convinced them to let him help. It was delicious! And they were all so excited to bring it to me and sit with me while I ate. It was very sweet! Then Neil helped the kids get ready for church while I took my time. :)
The kids were all so cute on Friday & Saturday, sneaking around getting gift bags & tissue paper, and hiding in their rooms to wrap their surprises that they made for me at school and at home. I was very spoiled with my favorite chocolates, real flowers, paper flowers, and even a cute flower made from pipe cleaners & felt, a framed poem, a statue, and a little clay pot (all the gifts from the kids, they made completely on their own), as well as lots of sweet homemade cards with gum and various things attached.
Neil has a nice dinner all planned for tonight, with Tomato, Garlic, & Basil marinated chicken, french bread, asparagus w/ garlic, and a double chocolate cake for dessert.
I'm so grateful to be a wife & mom and feel very loved! Thanks to Neil, PJ, Tessa, Jonah, & Clay for making my day great!







5 comments:
Sounds like your husband is quite the chef! What a fun weekend, it is always so fun to see what surprises the kids make in school!
Stacey.... only you could look so babalicious just waking up!! You are so brave posting that picture! I'm glad you had a great day-- Happy Mothers Day!!
Oh, Jen, you are too nice. Not so sure about the "babalicious" comment. I almost didn't put it on here, but I figured the picture wasn't too close up, so what the heck. But thanks for the nice comments. :)
You are one spoiled mommy!! Glad you had a great Day!
Happy Mothers Day to one of the best that I know...you deserved ALL of it!
Post a Comment