Saturday, March 14, 2009
Clay's strange obsession...
Our little Clay has this strange obsession with my neck--the mole on my neck to be specific. From the time he was a little baby, he would snuggle up with me, put his face by my neck and put his hand on my neck and play with the mole, wiggling it, rubbing it, etc. He loves that thing! And he even named it "Molee Molee". I have a smaller mole on the other side, so that one was "baby molee molee" and his favorite, the bigger one, was "Mommy molee molee". Strange kid! At first it was sweet and cute, but after a while it gets really irritating! If I cover it up with my hand and won't let him touch it, to get his "molee fix", then sometimes he gets really upset. It's kind of funny. Well, last week I went to the dermatologist to have all my lovely moles checked (since I haven't done that for about 9 years now). I want to just be sure that none of them are anything to be concerned about. When I was talking with Neil about it, and said something about them maybe cutting that mole off, Clay's mouth dropped open and he GASPED and said, "The doctor's gonna cut off Molee Molee?!" I said she might, and I asked him if he'd be sad if it got cut off. He said "Yea!" I ended up having to take him to the doctor with me and was worried that if she had to cut off the mole, that I'd have a little boy sobbing, crying out for "Molee Molee" in the doctor's office, and traumatized from the experience. I thought maybe we'd have to freeze dry it and frame "Molee Molee" for him. HA HA HA! Just kidding...I know, that's really gross! But, the doctor said all my beautiful moles are just fine. And Clay was very relieved that "Molee Molee" is staying--and even gave it a kiss! Like I said...Weird kid...but I love him! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







3 comments:
stomach still churning over the though of the shadow bowed mole. :)
Definitely a strange obsession! Doesn't it feel wierd to let him play with it?
No, it just gets irritating sometimes. I've heard of other moms who's kids would always play with their moles too. I'm not sure what the attraction is...
Post a Comment