So this morning, when I got up, I noticed there was a light dusting of snow on the ground, but didn't think anything of it, since there was so little. I got the kids up, fed them breakfast, had them all get ready and the big kids practice piano. Then the kids noticed that there was snow on the ground, and it was still snowing very lightly. So, I figured that maybe I should check to make sure that school wasn't going to be closed today (they close school here for the smallest amount of snow). So I checked the T.V.--no cancellations shown there. So, I continued to have the kids get ready, and Tessa practiced her spelling words. Then I thought that maybe I should check the school website, just to be sure. Sure enough, school was cancelled for today. I couldn't believe it! There's not even enough to cover the grass, and barely enough to even make a footprint in the snow! Of course the kids were all excited, and happy to have another day off (even though they'll just have to make it up at the end of the school year). So this is our BIG ARKANSAS SNOW STORM! :) (But it's plenty of snow for me!)
Thursday, January 15, 2009
Arkansas Snow Storm!
So this morning, when I got up, I noticed there was a light dusting of snow on the ground, but didn't think anything of it, since there was so little. I got the kids up, fed them breakfast, had them all get ready and the big kids practice piano. Then the kids noticed that there was snow on the ground, and it was still snowing very lightly. So, I figured that maybe I should check to make sure that school wasn't going to be closed today (they close school here for the smallest amount of snow). So I checked the T.V.--no cancellations shown there. So, I continued to have the kids get ready, and Tessa practiced her spelling words. Then I thought that maybe I should check the school website, just to be sure. Sure enough, school was cancelled for today. I couldn't believe it! There's not even enough to cover the grass, and barely enough to even make a footprint in the snow! Of course the kids were all excited, and happy to have another day off (even though they'll just have to make it up at the end of the school year). So this is our BIG ARKANSAS SNOW STORM! :) (But it's plenty of snow for me!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment