Tuesday, December 9, 2008

"Will you stay with me until it stops?"

Last night we had a big thunderstorm. It started around 1:30 or so, and lasted for a couple of hours, off and on. The thunder really scares Clay, so as soon as it starts, he calls for me. I lay down by him in his bed and snuggle with him, so he’s not scared. He always says, “will you stay with me until it stops?” Sweet little guy. He snuggles up close, so his forehead is touching mine, and puts his hand on my neck (he’s always loved the mole on my neck), and within a few minutes he relaxes and falls back to sleep again. I absolutely LOVE being a mom! It’s the best thing in the world. The sweet hugs and kisses are priceless. And these sweet little kids think you are some kind of super-human, that can fix anything with a hug and a kiss, and think that you know everything too (at least until they get to be older and learn the truth…that you are only human and make mistakes and don’t know everything). It just melts my heart & I love them all so much! However, I am a worrier, and some days I just wish I could wrap my kids in a safe bubble to protect them from all bumps and bruises and hurt feelings (and more) that come in life. I just hope that they always know that they are loved, and have faith in a loving Heavenly Father, that really CAN make everything better, and help them through the tough times, and the “storms” in life, and will always be there with them, holding their hand, “until the storm stops”...

1 comment:

Nicole said...

We had a thunderstorm??? Man!! I must be very tired lately... I never sleep through the thunderstorms, either.

It's a great feeling when we can make everything all better, huh. :)