Saturday, November 29, 2008
Thanksgiving Break...
We’ve had a fun Thanksgiving break, despite the kids being sick part of the time. The kids have had the whole week off, which has been so nice. The weather has been great, so they’ve been able to play outside, ride bikes, and run around. Neil got home early from work on Wed., which is always nice. We all went out to dinner, and then came home and watched a video together. Thursday morning, Neil got up at 6:00, with the little boys (they are always up early), and let me sleep in. Neil made all the Thanksgiving Day food (except for the couple things that I prepared the day before), while he let me sleep. He's so sweet! By the time I got up (at 7:30--that's my sleeping in), he already had the turkey in, the stuffing made, the rolls set out to rise, the veggie tray and crackers & cheeseball prepared, and the potatoes peeled and ready to cook. It was great! So then we lounged around while the kids watched a Christmas video and played. We got dressed and just bummed around until about noon or so and ate our big meal then. Then the kids went outside to play for a while (it was in the 60's yesterday..the weather was wonderful!) Later we put up the Christmas tree and decorated for Christmas. The kids had a great time, but I think it still feels too early to put it all up. It seems like I just took it down a month ago. I can’t believe how fast time flies!! I also can’t believe that the school year is already almost halfway over!
So, Neil took Friday off also, which has been fun. We drove out to the property one more time, and then looked to see if there were any rentals in that area (we’ll have to rent a home while we build). Then we went to Hobby Lobby to find a new ornament for our Christmas Tree this year (we get a new one each year as a family). We also went to Lowe's to get a few things to fix up some minor repairs, before we sell this house, and I’ve been so impressed that Neil has been able to fix everything by himself! I would be clueless as to how to fix any of them! Then we came home and I made up some gingerbread. After dinner, we made our gingerbread cookies and decorated them, and hung some of them on our tree. It’s a tradition that Neil and I started the first year we were married, and have done it every year since then. It’s something that we always look forward to and the kids love (and it makes the house smell so good)!
We were also going to take the kids swimming yesterday afternoon, but when we got to the pool, it was packed (I guess everyone else had the same idea), so we are going to go this morning, when it’s not crowded (hopefully) . We haven't taken the kids swimming for a long time and they love it. Then we have Tessa’s riding lesson this afternoon.
It’s been a great week! I just LOVE holidays! It's so nice to just relax and play and spend time together! I hope you all have had a great holiday break too!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










1 comment:
Sounds like a wonderful weekend!
Post a Comment