Friday, when I went to Jonah's "Thanksgiving Feast" (his class Thanksgiving party), he said that his tummy was hurting a little bit. I figured it was just from eating too much. Then after school, when we were heading to Tessa's riding lesson, he said he was feeling sick. Luckily, I always keep a couple large plastic baggies in the car, in case of thow-up emergencies. So I handed him a baggie and told him if he got sick, to throw up in that. Just as we got to Tessa's lesson, the older kids got out, and Jonah started throwing up--totally emptied his stomach--a couple times. Thank goodness for the plastic baggie!! After that, he started feeling better and then went to bed early, and was fine the next day. Well, then Sunday after Church, Tessa started not feeling very well, and she also ended up throwing up that evening, and again a few times during the night. She was finally feeling better later that afternoon, just in time for Clay to get sick! Poor little Clay started feeling yucky last night and didn't eat his dinner very well, then a little while after bedtime, he started crying, saying his tummy hurt. I took him in the bathroom, and he kneeled down by the toilet and coughed a couple times (like he's seen the other kids do), but nothing came out. About a half hour later, he started crying again, and when I went into his room, he had thrown up all over in his bed, and all over himself. So, we cleaned him up and changed his sheets and everything, and got him back to bed. I couldn't sleep, because I was waiting for him to start crying and throwing up again. It's so hard when they are little like that. A couple hours later, he started crying again, but I managed to get him to the toilet in time, then he managed to sleep the rest of the night. Then this morning at 5:45, he said his tummy hurt and he wanted to have breakfast. As soon as I took him into the kitchen, he started dry heaving (poor little guy had nothing left in his stomach!) So, I got him snuggled up on the couch, and turned on "Finding Nemo" for him. He's managed to eat a couple of Cheerios and have a little water, so hopefully he can keep them down and start feeling better. Now, I'm expecting that PJ is next in line. Hopefully if the rest of us get sick, it's before Thanksgiving! And at least it seems to be just a 24-hour type stomach flu. Kind of a bummer to be sick over a break, but I guess at least I don't have to take the kids out of school, or have homework to make up or anything, and we can just kind of relax and watch T.V. and not have to hurry anywhere.
We are all excited for Thanksgiving, though. We aren't going anywhere, and we don't have family coming, so we are just doing our own little Thanksgiving dinner, with all the works. Then after our big meal, we have a tradition of making gingerbread cookies and decorating them (we hang some of them on our Christmas tree, and eat the rest). We'll put up our tree and get out all our Christmas decorations while we listen to Christmas music. It will be a lot of fun, and the kids are SO excited! I LOVE holiday breaks!!! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment