Tuesday, October 14, 2008

When you have to go, you have to go...

Well, there are definitely some advantages to having boys. Today I took PJ to his soccer practice (along with Tessa and Clay) while Neil took Jonah to his soccer party. Well, about 10 minutes before we had to leave (to head to scouts and activity days), Clay said he had to go to the bathroom. Because he’s been working really hard to go all the time in the potty, and stay dry, I wanted to encourage that, and didn’t want him to have an accident. Well, we were on the very far end of the soccer field and it would have taken longer than 10 minutes to walk to the bathrooms and back to get PJ to leave. So, I decided to let him “water the lawn”. There were a bunch of cars parked on the grassy area right behind us, so I took him back there, in between some cars, and had him do his business there. He thought that was about the coolest thing ever! Little boys are so funny! He was all smiles when we walked back to the chairs and had to tell Tessa all about it, thinking he was pretty hot stuff. My sister-in-law was at a soccer game once, when her son just decided to go to the bathroom right on the sidelines with everyone watching. Hopefully Clay doesn’t make a habit of going in public, but at his age, when you have to go, you have to go.

No comments: