Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Another Crazy Arkansas Storm!





Well, we had another crazy Arkansas storm last night. It started getting really bad around 11:30 last night. Jonah and Clay both woke up, scared, so I went in with them. As I was looking out their window, it was getting worse, very strong winds, and TONS of rain. So I went in the frontroom to check the T.V. for any tornado warnings. There was none. So, after I checked the news, I looked out our front window and noticed that our front tree had been broken by the wind, as well as our neighbors (which was even worse than ours). Just a few minutes later, the power went out, and was out until around 2 a.m. I kept worrying that a big tree on the side of our house might get blown over, and smash into our house or something. Anyway, this morning on my way to the store, I took some pictures of more damage just on our street. A huge weeping willow split in half, and one side of a fence was blown over, as well as another tree completely blown over. It's amazing how severe just a thunderstorm can be here, and how quickly they come and go. And it can be really bad in one part of town, and not really affect another. So far we haven't had any major damage to our home. Hopefully it stays that way!

1 comment:

6Whittiers said...

Oh my goodness I am so glad you are all okay!! That looks very scary!