Thursday, May 1, 2008

Little alarm clocks

So, our two youngest (Jonah & Clay) share a room, and they are both up very, very early every day no matter what. It usually starts around 5:30 or so, with Clay hollering at the top of his lungs "MOM, MOM, MOM!" Usually he wants me to cover him back up or just give him a hug and a kiss (how can you be mad at that?!) Then Jonah calls a few minutes later, saying, "It's 5:37, how much longer until it's time to get up?" We bought him a little battery operated, light up clock to keep in his bed a little while ago, so he'd know he can't get up before 6:00. Well, the first night, the alarm went off at 1 a.m., so I always have to check it before bed to make sure the alarm isn't set. Many times, Jonah sits and watches his clock (I can hear in the monitor, him clicking it on and off over and over), then as soon as his clock hits 6 a.m., he comes running into our room, jumps on our bed, saying over and over, "it's time to get up, it's time to get up" And if we don't get up immediately, he'll say, "come on you lazy bones...it's 3 MINUTES PAST!! I'm HUNGRY!!" Well, this morning it was like that, and as I was getting the kids some breakfast, Jonah says, "I'm tired. Mom you shouldn't have woke me up so early!" HA HA HA ! Neil keeps threatening that once Jonah and Clay hit their teenage years and want to sleep in, he's going to go in their room each morning at 6 a.m., jump on their beds, and say, "Come ON lazy bones!! It's 3 minutes PAST! It's time to get up!!" I don't think they will get as much humor out of it as we will! Ah, the joys of being a parent...and the payback...ha ha ha.

1 comment:

6Whittiers said...

I have one like that oh how I am not a morning person. But how can you resist those cute faces your boys have!!