Well, we've been having a fun summer break so far. A week after school got out, Tessa headed off to YW camp for a week. It was her first time going & I was a little nervous, hoping she'd be safe & have fun. I was going to go for a couple of days (since I'm the YW President), but Neil had to go out of town for work, so I had to be home with the boys. But Tessa had a GREAT time, and came back all smiles, with lots of fun stories & new experiences.
The next week we just hung out at home playing & having fun together...we went swimming a couple times, played at the park, had some friends over, had a picnic, did some things around the house, and I helped Tessa finish a quilt that she started a couple months ago. It turned out SO cute! Not too bad for a first attempt for both of us!
This week PJ has been gone to scout camp all week. Hopefully he's having a GREAT time too! He always loves scout camp & has a blast! He also has some really great leaders & I've heard this camp is awesome, with rope courses, kayaking & canoeing, rock climbing, and much more. I can't wait to hear all about it on Saturday when he gets home!
And then in the middle of all the various activities, we've also had the kids music lessons. PJ is doing the guitar & having a lot of fun with it. His teacher is great! PJ has been able to learn a few of his favorite songs like "Hey there Delilah" by the Plain White T's, and "Stand" by Rascal Flatts. Tessa is playing the clarinet & I'm so impressed with how well she's doing! She has picked up on it so quickly & sounds great! I love hearing her play! And then Jonah has been taking piano lessons. He is doing great & has learned quite a few songs (including some primary songs). He's having a lot of fun & enjoying it, but has his heart set on the drums, so we are starting him in drum lessons in September. He is SO excited he can hardly stand it! And then in the fall, I think I'll start Clay with some beginning piano as well. He loves music & I think he'll have fun learning to play.
We've had fun this past month, and we are SO looking forward to this next month now!!! This coming Friday we fly out to Utah for a few days to visit extended family & go through the new Brigham City temple with Neil's parents. We are all so excited & looking forward to the break & some family time.
A few days after we get back Tessa has a minor oral surgery, and PJ heads off to a Youth Leadership Conference a couple hours away. He loves going to things like that & is looking forward to getting together with lots of friends from the surrounding areas, wards, and stakes.
And then the day after PJ gets back from Youth Conference, we head off to Florida for 2 weeks...HOORAY!!!!! We CAN'T WAIT!!!! Looking forward to lots of fun, relaxation, & great family memories!
(I've been having problems posting pictures, because Blogger has changed their program and our computer is kind of old & doesn't support it, so I've had to kind of figure out new ways to make it work, but it's having more problems again, so I might need to change blog sites, or buy a new computer. Hopefully I'll figure something out soon, so I can post plenty of pictures from our trips out to Utah and Florida!) :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







1 comment:
Have a great trip, so wish we could be there for the temple festivities. What a special time!
Post a Comment