
Well, tomorrow is the beginning of a new school year. The kids are excited & ready to go back. They really enjoy school (most of the time). They are smart kids & love to learn, and love to have fun with their friends too! We went to all their open houses yesterday (except for PJ, since they don't do that in Jr. High, but we went to his school last week to get his locker assignment & put all his stuff in his locker).

Clay's kindergarten orientation & open house was first off, at 8:30 a.m. He has been kind of nervous about starting school & being gone from Mom all day, but once we got to the school & he was able to meet his teacher (who we've heard is wonderful and she seems so sweet), and he got to see his classroom & we found out that one of his little friends from church was in his class, he said, "Mom, I'm not so scared anymore." I'll miss having my little buddy home with me each day, but I'm excited for him and hope he has a great year! :)

Later that afternoon, we headed to Jonah's open house. He is SO excited to go back to school. He LOVES to learn and read, and is such a smart little guy! He was so excited to see some of his friends from last year, and to see his favorite "enrichment" teacher, Mrs. Bullock, who he absolutely LOVES. She gave him a big hug and commented on this 3 front teeth that are just about ready to fall out any day now. He'll have a cute toothless grin for his school pictures this year! Anyway, we found out who his teacher is and went down to meet her. It wasn't who I was hoping for, but Jonah does well with just about anyone, so I'm sure he'll do fine and have a great year too! :)

As soon as we got home from Jonah's open house, Tessa & I headed over to the Middle School to meet her teachers. We found out that she is on the same "team" as PJ was when he was in 5th grade. She was SO excited, because PJ loved all his teachers when he was there. And she got the homeroom teacher she was hoping for. She has several friends that are on her same "team", so they will get to have lunch & recess together, as well as some of their extra "encore" classes (art, music, P.E., etc.) It's going to be a great year for her too! :)

PJ won't get to find out his schedule or his teachers until the first day of school, tomorrow. That is how they do it in Jr. High here. So, he'll have to tell us all about it after school. This is his 2nd year at the Jr. High, so he's not really nervous or anything. He liked most of his teachers last year, and has a lot of friends at the same school, so he's also excited to go back & get to hang out with friends more. Hopefully he has great teachers & some good friends in his classes! :)
As for me...I'll be volunteering at the kids' schools more, since I won't have any little ones at home during the day (and I'll need to get a few hugs in now & then :)), and I'll be staying plenty busy with my church calling in the Relief Society Presidency, and helping out more with our church's humanitarian aid program, as well as all the usual stuff I need to get done around the house...cleaning, laundry, cooking, running errands, etc. And of course, I'll have lunch with my sweet kiddos at school sometimes, or meet Neil for lunch during the day too...Enjoying time with my 5 favorite people in the world!!! And then of course, as soon as all the kids get home from school, there is the usual whirlwind of activity...snacks for starving kids, going through lots of newsletters, homework folders, signing permission slips, etc., then helping with homework, reading, and projects, getting dinner ready, and taking kids to various church or sports activities, and finally showers & some stories & snuggles before bed. :)
So...ready or not...here we go!!
No comments:
Post a Comment