
In our religion, once a month we fast (usually the first Sunday of each month). It's called "Fast Sunday". We don't eat or drink anything for 24 hours, or 2 meals. We encourage our kids, once they turn 8 years old and get baptized, to at least try to fast for 1 meal (breakfast).
Well, Jonah is such a sweet little guy and has been saying he wants to try to fast. But he is my kid who is ALWAYS hungry! From the minute he wakes up, he wants to eat! Last night he told me that he wanted to try to fast today, and that he'd skip breakfast. I said that would be a great idea.
Well, this morning he came into our room around 6:30 a.m., and this is how our conversation went:
Jonah: (as he's bouncing on our bed, with all his 7-year old, bubbly energy), "MOM! I'M HUNGRY! Can you get me some breakfast?"
Stacey: "I thought you were going to try to fast this morning."
Jonah: "Oh...yeah....(he had a look of deep thought on his face for a few seconds)...
Jonah: "Then can I have lunch?!"
Stacey: "Right NOW?"
Jonah: "YEAH, I'm HUNGRY!"
Hahahaha! I sure love that little guy! He just cracks us up! :)







1 comment:
That's great! He is definitely a thinker. :)
Post a Comment