Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Not the best week ever...

Well, this hasn't been the best week ever, but I guess it could always be worse, right?

In addition to the fact that Neil has been gone about 12 days now, and we all miss him so much, I haven't slept very well since he left, we are trying to sell our home, so I have to keep it in perfect showing condition at all times, with 4 active kids that just want to play & have fun & make a mess...it's spring break this week, and we just had a big snow storm with 7+ inches of snow...and I've been just a bit stressed out trying to get everything else done that needs to get done with the move (insurance stuff, 401K stuff, figuring out a place to live there (long distance--me looking online and Neil looking in person), figuring out where the kids would go to school & how to get them pre-registered, what ward we'd go to and if there are a lot of young families with kids our kids ages, and much more.)

Then on top of all that, I got a visit from a city service guy a few days ago, saying that our meter was reading a lot higher than usual, and they thought we could possibly have a leak somewhere, Neil's last paycheck (with his bonus on it) didn't show up in the mail when it was supposed to (they said they had to mail it instead of direct deposit because it was his last check--whatever!), AND then today, the van brakes were acting weird, so I had to make an emergency visit to the dealership for 2 hours with 4 kids, and spend $120 to fix the rotar. :(

But...on the bright side...only 10 more days until we get to see Neil again, at least I have my sweet kiddos around to give me hugs & we can cheer each other up, we bought new cell phones before Neil left, so we can all talk as much as we want to each other without any extra cost, it was warmer & sunny today so the snow is almost melted now, the city guy came back to check our meter again and said that it looks okay, (our bill was probably a lot higher last month because of all the extra laundry I was doing to keep it from piling up--because of showing the house--as well as the fact that we had 4 sick kids for a week and a half, and did laundry a lot more then too!). Another positive...At least when I took the kids into the car dealership today to get the brake fixed (it was a rotar that had a hot spot on it, making a buildup or something, so it had to be turned---whatever, blah, blah, blah...) anyway, we were there about 2 hours, but at least they had a bouncy house & toys for the kids to play with & stay entertained, and although it cost us about $120, it could have been something bigger that cost a lot more. Oh, and after calling about 4 people, yesterday, trying to figure out where Neil's paycheck was (that was supposed to have been here LAST Thursday), it FINALLY showed up in our mail today (5 days late)--WHEW!!

So, although it hasn't been the best week ever, at least things are okay & working out...and it could always be much worse. I'll be grateful for the silver linings.

No comments: