Well, we've been getting a lot done the past couple weeks, before Neil heads to California this coming Friday to start his new job. We have changed the oil in both vehicles, had eye appointments (to refill my contacts while we still have our Walmart discount), dentist appointments, hair cuts, packed Neil's stuff that he'll need until we all get out there, etc. We've also enjoyed Neil's last few vacation days that he used up before he leaves. It was so nice having him home! We had lunch with the kids at school, met with our financial advisor to rollover Neil's 401K with Walmart into our personal 401K, and some other various things.
This past weekend, we decided to go do some fun things with the kids, since this was out last weekend together before Neil leaves. Jonah got sick early Friday morning, and thew up a couple times, so we kept him home from school. He threw up several more times throughout the day. I felt so bad for the little guy. He was so hungry and so worn out. But he was finally able to keep down a little food & water & went to bed early. On Saturday morning, he woke up bright & early, bubbly, happy, & ready to play. He felt much better! We were so glad!
So Saturday was very busy. We had Tessa's riding lesson at 10 a.m.
Then we headed to PJ's choir concert at the highschool. They did such a great job! It always amazes me how well those 7th & 8th graders can sing!
After that, we came home & fed the kids a snack, before heading to the movie theater to see the movie "The Tooth Fairy."
Well, we left the house around 3:15 or so, and I figured that since we hadn't heard from a realtor to schedule a showing, it probably wasn't going to happen today (usually we get a call either the night before or the morning of a showing). Well, just as we got to the theater, I got a call from someone wanting to show our house around 5:30 (right about the time the movie would be ending). I hadn't expected to have anyone come see the house, so I hadn't made Clay's bed after his nap, or washed the dishes from lunch, etc. I decided to run back home really quick & clean up quickly. I got home & back just in time--the only thing I missed was the previews. We enjoyed the movie, and then headed to dinner at Olive Garden. It was crowded, so we had to wait about 40 minutes. Jonah & Clay were already so tired & hungry, but finally we were seated. Once our food came, I was afraid Jonah was going to fall asleep while he was eating--he was exhausted after being sick the day before.
Well, then on Sunday morning, Clay woke up and said he felt like he was going to throw up. Poor little guy! He threw up a few times, and has been resting a lot. Hopefully it's short-lived like Jonah's was, and nobody else gets it! Oh, and we also have another showing today, so hopefully I can take Clay for a little drive in the car for a little while, during the showing. I just hope he doesn't throw up in the car!
Since this is our last Sunday together for a while, I decided to make a big turkey dinner. We are having turkey with mashed potatoes & gravy, rolls, stuffing, steamed carrots, raspberry jello salad, and then cheesecake for dessert (with either cherries or blueberries). It will be a nice little going-away dinner for Neil. Too bad Clay won't be able to enjoy it with us. :( The kids & I also made a little card for Neil, with pictures of them & all of us together, and we'll give it to Neil with a giant bag of Hershey's Hugs & Kisses. We're going to miss Neil so much--his smiles, hugs & kisses, his laughs, playing games, and much more! :) Hopefully we'll all be together again soon!







No comments:
Post a Comment