Sunday, October 11, 2009

Slowing down time...

The other day I was thinking that in just 5 years, my oldest child will be finishing highschool & looking at a mission and college, etc. HOLY COW!! We have lived here for just over 4 years, and the time has flown by. I hope the next 5 years slows down just a bit! Then I start to think about how quickly the time is passing, and that before we know it, they'll all be grown. It makes me sad & I realize that I need to remember to slow down & just enjoy playing with them & spending fun, quality time together, making great memories. I want to try to enjoy every minute! :) I love being a mom & I love my sweet kids SO much! They are some of the greatest blessings in my life (along with Neil), and I hope they always remember that!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

That's crazy! 5 years really isn't that long. Parents of grown children always say that if you blink, you will miss your children's childhood. My children are pretty young still, but I already feel like time is getting faster and faster. I feel like Kevin just started Kindergarten, but he is actually in first grade. Where did the year go? I don't imagine time will slow down much in the future either. Sigh...