Tuesday, February 3, 2009

"50 Things about me"

Last week I was "tagged" to write 25 random things about myself. Well, after making the first list, I started thinking about a lot of other things in my life that were more entertaining or interesting, so I added 25 more. So here you go...50 random things about me... (oh, and if you haven't been "tagged", you're it! Go ahead and share some things about yourself!) :)

RULES: Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it's because I want to know more about you.

1. I want to travel & see the world. I've traveled quite a bit in the U.S., but not to other countries.
2. I make friends easily and can talk to anyone, but have a hard time really getting close (I guess it's fear of rejection or something...)
3. I want to serve a mission with Neil someday.
4. I love cloudy, rainy days.
5. I love reading all different kinds of books.
6. My goals this year are the same as always...exercise, eat healthy & read scriptures more regularly.
7. I don't scrapbook like everyone else, but I take lots of pictures and like to post them on my blog.
8. I love spending time with my family (playing games, eating out, watching videos, going on walks & to the park, vacations, etc.)
9. I love being a wife & mom! It is the best!! I have 4 great kids & the best husband ever!
10. I hope to be a better person. To be more giving to others, more caring & more patient.
11. I'm very much a homebody and am happy to just stay home and hang out with my family.
12. I love music (but I'm not musical). I almost always have music playing when I'm cooking, ironing, & cleaning, and I love singing & dancing with my kids (when nobody is watching).
13. I love the smell of new babies, flowers, fresh cut grass, a rainstorm, & fresh baked bread.
14. I love all kinds of flowers, but a beautiful mixed boquet is my favorite.
15. My favorite treat is anything with chocolate & carmel (Dove Chocolates with Carmel, Rolos, etc).
16. My Dad is Catholic & my Mom is Mormon. I was raised Mormon (after my parents divorced when I was 6 months old), but was never active in church until college.
17. I was born in California and grew up in Utah.
18. Neil and I moved 9 times within the first 11 years of our marriage.
19. I love hearing my kids laugh, and seeing their sweet smiles & I love their hugs & kisses--it's the best thing in the world!
20. I love Neil so much for being my best friend, for working so hard so that I can stay home with our kids, for making me laugh, and loving me so much despite my shortcomings.
21. I love long drives, talking with Neil.
22. I hate having to ask anyone for help of any kind, or having to depend on others.
23. I don't have a favorite color. I like them all.
24. I'm so grateful for wonderful friends and in-laws that have touched my life in ways that changed me and I'll always remember.
25. I am a sensitive and caring person.

And...here are "25 (MORE) Things"....

1.The only time I've broken any bones was while I was in college, at our ward Family Home Evening Activities. I broke my wrist roller skating, and broke my foot while playing tag in the dark, between our apartments!

2. When I was in college, I went to the bank with my roommate (I was wearing sweats, & had my hair in a ponytail), and the teller gave my roommate some smarties to give to me and said, "She's still young enough isn't she?" (referring to me) ha ha ha!

3. I accidentally dialed 911 at my Step-grandpa's funeral luncheon! We left PJ & Tessa with my in-laws (they were still very little), so after the funeral, before the luncheon at the church, I tried calling from the church phone to make sure they were okay (we didn't have cell phones back then). The phone said to push '9' to dial out. So I dialed 9-1-801... but it didn't work. I got another message saying I needed to dial a 1 before the number. So I tried again...9-1-1-801... The person answered "911, What's your emergency?" I panicked and hung up! Then I though, that was really dumb, they're going to call back. Sure enough the phone started ringing, just as Neil walked around the corner. I went to answer it and Neil asked what I was doing. When he heard my explanation, he started laughing so hard, he fell on the floor! :) I kept worrying that the cops would show up and I'd have to explain to them in person, with everyone watching...

4. I have backed into Neil's car (twice). I forgot that he was home and parked behind me. So we had matching dents on both our cars. Neil named them "Dimple" & "Crunch", but Jonah misunderstood and was calling them "Nipple" & "Crunch." We had to correct him several times.

5. My first kiss wasn't until I was 19, and I didn't even like the guy, but he asked, and I was feeling dumb for not having kissed anyone yet, so I said yes.

6. All 4 of my pregnancies were high-risk (I developed pre-eclampsia with all of them), so I had lots of tests, partial bed-rest, medication, weekly non-stress tests from about 5 months on, etc. (But they were all totally worth it!!)

7. I was induced 2-3 weeks early with all of my pregnancies (but all our kids were 6 to 7-1/2 lbs.) I LOVE the new baby stage (it's worth all the sleep-deprivation), and think there's nothing sweeter than a nap while snuggling your little baby!

8. Public speaking scares me. I have major anxiety anytime I have to speak in church or anywhere else (shaking, sweaty hands, heart pounding, dizzy, etc), whether it's in Sacrament Meeting or primary or Relief Society, or at my grandma's funeral. When I was a R.S. teacher (and in the R.S. Presidency), and had to give lessons often, I though I was going to pass out.

9. I never drove a day, until my first day of drivers ed, and I was scared to death! The teacher had to tell me to go faster, because I was only going about 15 miles an hour.

10. My last quarter of college, I took ballroom dance, bowling, & institute. I had a great time (and got all A's) ha ha ha :)

11. I'm quite an emotional person. I cry at the kindergarten orientation and graduation, at my kids school performances, and almost every time there is a primary program at church (or the young men or women sing). I also cry at mission farewells (thinking about when my kids will leave for missions) I'm also a sympathetic cryer, & usually get emotional if someone else is crying. I can't watch Extreme Home Makeover without crying, because of the sad stories and happy endings.

12. My favorite movie of all is "The Ultimate Gift". It has such a great message. If you haven't seen it, you should! And one of my favorite books is "Tuesdays with Morrie" by Mitch Albom. Again, it helps you remember what is really important in life.

13. I love watching "America's Funniest Home Videos" with my family on Sunday nights, and laughing together.

14. I worked as an Escrow Officer at First American Title Co. for a few years before quitting to stay home & be a full-time mom (once Neil finished his bachelor's degree, and PJ was about a year old). It was so hard leaving PJ, even though he was in very good hands, and it was only 5 hours a day, but we didn't want to take out student loans. So, I am even MORE grateful now that I have the ability to stay home with our kids, and so grateful to Neil for working so hard to make that possible!

15. I'm very much a morning person (sleeping in for me is about 7:30) and I have never slept past about 8:30.

16. I shop at Wal-Mart so much that I know most of the Wal-Mart greeters and checkers that are there in the mornings (I always shop around 8 a.m., after dropping the kids at school). I know a lot of their names and some of their schedules. The one older gentleman has become our adopted grandpa here in Arkansas. :)

17. When Neil & I went to get our marriage liscence, the lady asked if we needed our parents there, because we both looked so young! (We were both 23, but she thought were were about 14)!

18. I struggled with an eating disorder for years, and at the worst point, when I was a Senior in Highschool, my weight dropped to 68 pounds (yes that's right). Needless to say, that wasn't a very good time for me, and I'm just glad I lived through it (literally)!

19. I'm very conservative and don't like shopping much or spending money. I'd rather save. (But not so much that I won't spend money for vacations or Christmas and things like that).

20. I'm all about comfort. I'd just live in my yoga pants, sweatshirt, and have my hair in a ponytail all the time if I could (and I hate high-heels & pantyhose).

21. I have 1 brother, 2 step-brothers, 3 step-sisters, and 1 half-sister.

22. My Dad, Step-mom, half-sister (and all my family on my dad's side) couldn't attend our wedding in the Logan Temple, because they aren't our religion, but I am SO grateful that they were so supportive of our beliefs and waited outside, and weren't angry or bitter. :)

23. I'm so grateful for my testimony. It didn't come easy or without a price. I spent many years sad, angry, sick, depressed, and lonely, but am grateful for the trials that brought me to my knees, many hours of prayer, and reading the scriptures, to become the person that I am, and to have the testimony that I have.

24. I believe in miracles and am so grateful for all I have!

25. I love being a wife & mom more than anything! I'm so grateful for my sweet husband and best friend, and for my 4 wonderful kids. More than anything, I hope they all know how much I love and appreciate them!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Holy cow Stacey! 68 pounds!!!! I never would have guessed that you went through such a hard time because you are such a happy wonderful person now. I'm so glad you came through it and found your testimony.

(I did a list of 25 things, but you'll have to check it out on facebook.)