Well, this morning when we got up, it was definitely icy!! There was a layer of ice all over everything! It's about 9:30 now, and it's still comming down. We have about an inch of ice build-up on all the tree branches, which is really pretty, but they worry about it breaking large branches off the trees, because of the weight, and our grass is covered with ice, which looks kind of funny, and icicles hanging off of everything. The biggest concerns during the ice storms are too much ice build-up on power lines, causing power outages. So hopefully that doesn't happen! They are expecting it to last all day today, and won't really stop until late tonight. So, I figure we'll probably end up home from school for at least another day or two. They won't open the schools back up until it's warm enough to melt all the ice.
I have to admit that it's nice to stay home and not have to go anywhere or do anything, and just enjoy playing games with the kids, relaxing, reading, watching videos, etc. And even our dog is getting spoiled! She is an outside dog, and only comes in at night to sleep in the laundry room. Well, yesterday evening, I brought her in and realized that it wasn't just rain on her fur, from running around outside, it was ice frozen on her fur! I felt bad that I hadn't brough her in earlier. But she's big and tough, and is fine. But she is getting pampered and spoiled, staying inside today, and the kids love it! :) She's a great dog and very mellow and well-behaved in the house, and of course she's potty trained.
So, we'll just sit back, relax, and enjoy this icy Arkansas weather. With the weather like it is here, we'll probably end up with 70 degree weather again in another week or so. It's like a yo-yo here. It gets really cold and we get occasional ice storms or snow storms, and then it warms back up again to give us a nice break from winter. I love that! But here in a few months, we'll start into the spring tornado season. Neil loves that time of year. He'd love to be a storm chaser (crazy man!) But, boy do they have some exciting, beautiful, amazing storms here! They roll in fast and furious like nothing we ever experienced in Utah. It kind of freaked me out a little the first year we were here, but we've gotten used to them, and thank goodness nothing serious has ever happened to us or our home! I guess no matter where you live, you have good things and bad. :)







No comments:
Post a Comment