Sunday, October 12, 2008
Big Boy Underpants...
Well, I posted on my blog and asked a few family and friends for any good potty-training advice. Well, I had a couple different people tell me to just tell Clay that we were all out of his pull-ups and that he would just have to wear big boy underpants from now on. So, this morning when he got up, he went to the bathroom and I put him in big boy underpants. When it was time for church I put him back into a pull- up because I wasn’t THAT brave (although he did go at church too, and stayed dry the whole time). So, after church we had lunch and he went outside to play. I remembered that I was going to put him in underpants as much as possible, and told Neil that I was going to do that, so that he gets the idea that if he goes to the bathroom in his underpants, it’s not pleasant! Neil said that it’s not the wet part that he’s worried about. I wasn’t too worried. Well, I put Clay in the cool “Thomas the tank Engine” underpants that he chose, and sent him back outside, reminding him to be sure and hurry in if he needs to go to the bathroom, because we don’t want Thomas to get wet. Not 5 minutes later, he comes running in the house, crying that he leaked. I told him that it’s not very fun to be wet like that, and took him into the bathroom to clean him up, only to discover that it wasn’t just pee. YEP…a big yucky mess…not fun! So then I stuck him in the shower to clean him up (he hates showers), and rinsed out his underpants (he was crying because he was afraid I was flushing them down the toilet). After he was all cleaned up, I put more underpants on him and reminded him to always hurry in to the bathroom, and NOT go in his underpants, because we don’t want to have to throw the underpants away. Hopefully it made an impression and he’ll get the idea!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







1 comment:
Potty training sure takes a lot of patience, huh!
Post a Comment