Monday, September 22, 2008

Fertile Myrtle?!

I went to PJ's school this morning to help with an egg-drop science experiment, where the kids constructed something to put an egg in, to prevent it from breaking, and then it's dropped from a certain height. Anyway, there were 3 parent volunteers there (me and 2 dads). Well, before class started, we were talking about our kids, and they asked how many kids I had. I said four. The one guy said, "FOUR?!! WOW, you're Fertile Myrtle!" I had to laugh. You wouldn't belive when we first moved here, how many times I heard, "Are those ALL YOUR kids?!" One lady at the bank even said to the lady sitting next to her, "Look at this little girl with FOUR KIDS!!" I told her I was a lot older than I looked. In Utah, having 4 kids is nothing, everywhere else, people can't belive you have such a HUGE family. It's pretty funny.

1 comment:

Julie Olson said...

I know...I got it daily in Michigan even when I only had 2 kids with me.