6 months and 3 years
14 years old
Senior in Highschool
Well, I'm having my 36th birthday...(or as PJ would say, “You’re halfway to 72!”) So, here are some facts about me:
I was born July 31, 1972 in La Mirada, CA. When I was 6 months old, I moved back to Logan, UT with my mom & brother, and grew up there. I graduated from Logan High in 1990. I attended Utah State University, and studied psychology, nutrition and dietetics, and family and human development (I couldn’t ever decide what I wanted to do). I love ballroom and country dancing (I even tried out for the USU ballroom dance team in college). I met Neil at USU, and we got married in June of 1995. I worked as an escrow officer at First American Title Co. (doing closings for people when they bought and sold houses) for several years before becoming a full-time mom, when PJ was a year old. We have moved 9 times in 13 years of marriage. The only time I’ve broken any bones (my wrist and foot) was while I was in college (both at church activities—roller skating, and playing tag). I love mixed wild flowers and roses. I love the smell of fresh cut grass, freshly baked bread, holding my babies after a bath, and while they were sleeping. I love rainy days. I love music (all different kinds), and I almost always have music playing while I cook. I love to read in my spare time. My favorite movies are “The Ultimate Gift”, “Twister”, “The Fugitive”, and most sappy chick flicks. My biggest pet peeve is people that are consistently late and unreliable. My favorite treats are Rolos and Tootsie Rolls. I really wish I liked to exercise, but I really don’t (but I feel better when I do). Some places that I’d love to visit someday are Africa, China, Russia, Italy, Spain, and many more. I’m very much a morning person and have never slept past 8:30 a.m. (and even that is very rare). I love to hear my kids laughing, and the words, “I love you.” The best time of my life is right now, when I’m hanging out with my husband and kids, just having fun together. The part of my life I’d rather forget about is much of the time from ages 15-20 (I won’t go into details).
Some things that I’ve learned in my 36 years are… Life is not fair. No one can make you happy, except yourself. You can forgive, but it's not easy to forget. It doesn’t matter how much you plan, most of the time, things don’t turn out quite how you thought they would (sometimes better, sometimes worse). Never say never. Actions speak louder than words (especially for kids). There are things in our lives that can change us forever, but can also make us stronger. No matter what happens, Heavenly Father is always there for you, even when you don’t know it, believe it, or have faith in anything.
I can't believe I'm 36, have been married 13 years, and have 4 kids. I used to look at people my age and they seemed so much older. I still feel like I'm about 21. I guess that's about the same for most people. Time sure flies! :)







3 comments:
Happy Birthday to my good friend!! I will give you a call tomorrow on your official day!!
Happy birthday! I loved reading your life lessons. So true!!
Happy beleated birthday. Sunrise, sunset, sunrise, sunset -- where does the time go?
Post a Comment