Thursday, May 22, 2008

Be grateful for all you have...

So today has been a bit emotional for me. Jonah had his little preschool graduation. He looked so cute in his shirt & tie and graduation cap. I was weepy even before it started (I'm a big emotional baby when it comes to my kids). They had a slideshow playing, with adorable pictures of all the kids, and music playing, about how to let your kids be little, and holding onto them while they are small, and appreciating all those special moments. It hit me right in the heart. Then when I got home there was an email from Neil's cousin who has a little girl that's not even 2 years old yet. She was born with a heart defect and has already been through several open-heart surgeries, and has had even more complications just yesterday, with a severe infection that has destroyed her sternum, and the pacemaker that was already in place. I can't imagine, watching your sweet little baby suffer so much, and not be able to do anything. It would just tear your heart to pieces! It really makes you realize that all your "little" problems are nothing compared to what they could be, and makes you so grateful for all you have.

4 comments:

6Whittiers said...

So sorry I left on the IM yesterday the missionaries showed up at my door..didn't mean to leave you hanging!

Stacey said...

No problem. Glad everthing is going well. It was good talking to you!

Darrell and Alissa said...

I hope things go well for your neice- that is so scary!

Darrell and Alissa said...

Sorry- I mean cousin!